Sporty people, even those who are not professional athletes, would like to develop their very own sports venue. In fact, a lot of home owners build synthetic tennis courts to pursue tennis as a hobby or as a form of exercise. Synthetic playing surfaces are known for their durability but you should also do your part by checking your court for any damages or needing repair.
Steps in Cleaning Synthetic Tennis Courts
Aside from the fun and excitement, having a tennis court also gives you an added responsibility. It is important that you check your sports venue every now and then to prevent premature wearing. Besides, your court is an investment so you have to be careful not to put your money to waste. But you need not worry for synthetic tennis courts need minimal maintenance or just basic cleaning. So to extend the life of your synthetic court, follow these steps:
1. Prepare all the necessary materials and equipment such as:
• Push broom or soft-bristled brush
• Pail (5-gallon)
• Cup or small pail
2. When all the needed materials are ready, prepare the tennis court for cleaning. Set aside all objects that can interfere with the clean-up such as benches, balls, trash cans, chairs, and other fixtures. Also, remove rocks, leaves, twigs and other trash and debris using a leaf blower or a push broom. Start at the centre directing the debris to the outer edges.
3. Treat the court with detergent-and-water solution and sprinkle the entire area using a hose. Scrub the surface with a push broom but do not scrub too hard to prevent damage to the synthetic turf. If you want to use a brush, then utilise a soft-bristled one. Rinse the surface. Tip: It is best to do this procedure one side at a time for easier cleaning.
4. Allow the area to dry.
5. Assess the court for areas that have mould, mildew and other impurities.
6. To remove mould or mildew, if any, use a 5-gallon pail and mix water and bleach. Use 2 parts water to 1 part bleach and apply the solution to the affected regions. Wear gloves to avoid irritation to your hands. By means of a cup or smaller pail, scoop out enough solution and pour over mildewed part and gently scrub the surface with the push broom. Rinse the court using the hose and repeat this procedure until all the mildew comes off.
7. Wipe the court using a rag and allow it to dry thoroughly before using it.
Now, if you need synthetic playing surfaces or synthetic tennis courts, you can turn to a reputable company that consists of expert individuals who aim to provide their clients with exceptional synthetic playing surfaces, artificial turf and other fake grass needs. They also offer tennis courts construction services that ensure durable and cost-effective courts in no time.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7208306