1. Cost Effective: Swamp coolers in general are extremely cost effective. The estimated cost is ¼ that of refrigerated air. The power consumption is limited to the fan and water pump as opposed to an air conditioner’s compressor, pump and blower. Swamp Coolers run on only 85 watts of power. That’s the same amount of power as a light bulb. It also does not use a water pump, but just a small motor to rotate the cooling pad. This means it uses less power than swamp coolers with water pumps and is quieter as well.
2. Cheap to Install: Swamp coolers only cost 1/8 to 1/2 the price it costs to install a traditional air conditioner. A lot of Swamp Cooler does not need to be installed at all. It is completely portable. It has large rolling casters so that it can be easily moved from room to room. To operate it, all you need to do is fill it with water and/or ice and turn it on. Opening windows while the unit is operating will also be beneficial.
3. Improve Air Quality: To work well, swamp coolers need adequate ventilation. This means that a constant and high volume of air will be going through the building, which greatly reduces the age of air. Some have a three speed fan and oscillating louvers so that the cool air is evenly distributed. It also has a built-in ionizer for particulates and a carbon filter that absorbs odors.
4. Acts like a Humidifier: Swamp coolers cool your environment using the power of evaporation, so they add moisture to the air. This may make you feel more comfortable. It also keeps wood furniture and fabrics from warping and drying out. Newer swamp coolers has specially designed cooling pads that retain more water than other units in its class. These pads also never have to be replaced. A thirteen liter tank means more cooling and humidifying between tank refills. You can also add ice, if you require enhanced cooling, to the four liter ice tank.
5. Versatility: Swamp coolers are able to be used in a lot of environments such as homes, offices, and industrial areas as long as the climate is dry. For a swamp cooler to really be effective the temperature should be hot and the air should be dry. If there is humidity in the air, the swamp cooler will just be adding more, which can make you uncomfortable and not cooler. Swamp coolers can cool spaces up to 200 square feet. It also has a modern design that will fit almost any décor. It’s also incredibly easy to use because it has electronic controls and also includes a remote control.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1178927